Friday, September 7, 2012

We Need Your Help (the humble truth)....


Dear Friends and Family,

As you know, Julie and I are in the process of adopting from India.  God challenged us to grow our family outside of the traditional manner and we have dived in the deep end.  We are going to adopt siblings, allowing two or more kids to have a family again together.  We are so excited to bring them home, to make them a part of our life.  But there are some hurdles to overcome.

For the last seven years, I have been the pastor of Riverside Church and then Open Source Church.  During that time, I have never taken a salary, trusting God to provide for us as we pursued Him.  And He did.  He has taken such good care of us through the provision of family and friends.  We are without need.  Unfortunately, the Department of Homeland Security does not understand this answer and would like proof of income to allow us to move forward with the adoption.  They are requiring that I show some kind of salary before we can proceed.  This has not been an issue before.  We were approved by our state social worker, our adoption agency, and the preliminary review in India, but now we are stuck.  Our I-800A has been "flagged" and we are sidelined.  

This puts me in the awkward position of having to ask for help.  If it were simply for me, I would refrain but, since two or more lives hang in the balance,  I am humbly asking that you would consider supporting us.  What I am asking is that you would donate to Open Source Church, which would allow me to take some salary.  Our website, www.theosc.org,  allows you to give via paypal and the monies would be used directly to meet the federal government required specifications for our adoption and from there would be used for the adoption itself, as it will require a bit of money to get them home.  We feel like this is a good way to go about it as you will receive tax credit for donating to a church, I can take salary, and these kids can join the family.

I’m asking that you would pray about donating to this cause.  I cannot express enough how much it would mean.  Older kids, and siblings, rarely get adopted.  We are willing!  We just need help!  If you can give, I pray that you would.  If you cannot, pray for us that God would supply this need.  I know that He is able and I am trusting that He will provide.  Thank you so much for considering helping us!  I’m excited about working together to change lives!

In Christ

Aaron

1 comment:

  1. Well written Aaron, it is never easy to ask for money but your passion and heart speaks through. Spending time with you,Julie, the kids & the church I have seen how much God has changed your heart.. for these new children you are going to bring into your home. And I can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete