Tuesday, August 28, 2012

An open letter from your mom

My sweet little one,

It is night time here and as I look up at the bright moon, I wonder.   Are you on the other side of the world looking up at this same moon and wondering too? I know it's kind of cheesy, like Fivel the mouse in American Tail or something, but it really is how I feel.

Are you wondering if you will always be alone?  Are you wondering if you will ever know what it is like to be a part of a family?  Are you warm enough?  Are you hungry?  

I am wondering.  I wonder what it will take for me to find you.  Whatever it is, I am ready to do it.   I wish that somehow you could know that I am here, loving you already and dying to hold you in my arms.   I don't know anything about you yet, but I know that you are mine, and that is enough.  Enough for me to stay awake at night dreaming of you.  Enough for me to give everything I have in order to bring you home where you belong.   Enough for me to know that I already love you, for all your strengths and weaknesses, for all your good times and all your hard times.  I love you because God gave me you.  

I am trying hard to be patient, but I am ready for all of this paperwork to be over so that we can begin our new life together.  Until then, I will be storing up all of my hugs and kisses for you - I hope you're ready for a flood of love!!

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your new children will be here before you know it! I can't wait to meet them and love on them too!

    ReplyDelete